Monday, March 10, 2014

Dear Winter, Go Away

Hey Friends,

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Hope that a bunch of you are in nicer climates than I am. I just looked at the weather and we are supposed to get 10-18" between 7am Wednesday and noon on Thursday so I'm slightly grouchy at the moment. :P So much for hoping spring would come early.

Saturday was a pretty good day. I ended up not having to work because the family I work for was sick and they didn't want me to get it, which I am very appreciative of. Instead I worked in my room for several hours (my room is a major disaster area and I was doing a lot of sorting). That evening I went to my brother's to watch his son so he and his significant other could go out.

Sunday was also pretty good for the most part. I had stayed at my brother's the night before so I didn't have to drive home half-asleep. My nephew, Gage, has a really early bedtime so I don't get to see him much when I get there. Therefore, I like spending the night when I baby-sit (and so do my brother and his s.o. I suspect) because I get up with the baby and let them sleep in.


My nephew, Gage, and I had a great time.
Look at Gage-Man! He's gotten so big.
Taken at an interesting moment :P 
I wanted to get a few pictures of Gage-Man playing but all he wanted to do was take away my camera. :P

Today was an okay day. Today is my other nephew Xander's birthday. He is 7 years old today. Kids' ages are a great gage of how much time has passed. I was a senior in high school when he was born. That feels like a lifetime ago. :P Happy Birthday Xander. :) 

Here are the good things about the last few days: 
Saturday: 
1. Having an unexpected day off of work. 
-I feel bad for the reason but it's still nice not to have to work sometimes. :) 

2. Having the family I work for not having me come to work.
-I know that they appreciate my help and they probably could have used it Saturday with them being sick but I really appreciate that they didn't have me come in. 

Sunday: 
1. Getting to play with my nephew, Gage. 
-Gage-Man is so fun. :) 

2. Getting to play with my nephew, Gage. 
-I don't get to see him very much so it counts double. :P

3. It was a bright and sunny day. :) 

Monday: 
1. Having your gift be appreciated. 
-My nephew was very appreciative of his gift. It's always nice when you are appreciated for what you do or give.  

2. Finishing a good book. 
-Always a good thing. :) 

Sorry for the long post. I will have to try to write on the weekends. 

Thanks for reading!

Blessings, 

Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment