Sunday, April 27, 2014

Meh...

Hey Friends,

This has been a meh kind of weekend. It's nobody else's nor any circumstances fault (well any new circumstance anyways). My inner demons came out to play this weekend. My inner demons are really mean.

I wasn't going to post since I don't like to be Debbie Downer but I also don't want pretend that everything is okay when it isn't. This is life. Yes, we should look on the bright side of things and we can choose to be happy or not but it's not always that simple and we are going to have days that are subpar.

I think this quote from Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day sums up the way life goes quite nicely.
Judith Viorst, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day | 15 Wonderful Quotes About Life From Children's Books
Source: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/129548926754941886/
Outside of my inner demons coming out to play it was not a terrible weekend. 

Here are today's good things: 
1. Sleeping in. 

2. Reading a good book. 
-I would go insane if I spent my whole day studying so I spent my study breaks and my time procrastinating with a good book. :P 

Saturday: 
1. Spending time with Amelia. 
-I adore my baby niece and I had the impromptu pleasure of spending time with her on Saturday morning because he brother had a soccer game, my sister was working, and her father didn't want her to catch cold so he asked me to watch her for an hour. She was so good for me. Everyone else in the house was still sleeping and I was busy trying to make desserts for a bridal shower but she sat in her highchair for me and ate a snack and played quietly. She even accompanied me for a quick trip to Dollar General when I decided it was worth my sanity to purchase a new mixer since I could not find the beaters for the old one. 

2. Got to see my Lisa Love. 
-My Lisa Love is my best friend from high school. Saturday was her bridal shower. It was nice to see her and her bridal shower went well. 

Friday: 
1. Got to spend time with Amelia. 
-On Friday I watched Amelia while her mother went to the dentist. She was also good for me on Friday, playing good for me and then taking her nap without too much hassle. She did insist I read her one book 4 times and wanted me to read it a fifth but did not give a fuss when I gently refused. :)

2. Work went well. 
-I really like my job. It can sometimes be really stressful but I have more good days than bad days. 

3. This conversation. 
-Small child: "Veronica, will you drag me." 
Me: "Sure."
Small child's dad: "That doesn't sound very good. You dragging my children around the kitchen floor." 
-So you know, the children sit on their bottoms and I hold their arms and pull them around the floor because they think it's fun. The children's parents are okay with it and the dad joked that it cleans the floor. :P 

Thursday: 
1. Passed my lab practical!!!!!
-I am now finished with the lab portion of my physical rehab class. 

2. Had my last research class.
-Now we just have our symposium on Saturday and I am done with that class. :) 

Wednesday: 
1. Went to the gym.

2. Class was interesting/ I didn't fall asleep.
-We talked about autism in Pediatrics which was really interesting. I also didn't fall asleep or really even feel like I was going to. Double win. 

Now that I've written this post and thought about the good things of the last few days I am in a better mood. Go figure. :P 

Good luck with your week everyone.

Thanks for reading. 

Blessings,

Veronica 


No comments:

Post a Comment