Thursday, February 14, 2013

A different kind of commitment for lent

I find it kind of funny that Valentines Day is the day after Ash Wednesday this year. All those people who gave up sweets for lent have to wait until Sunday to enjoy their spoils. ;)

Since I have been have a harder time than usual keeping an optimistic attitude about life lately I have decided to do something a little different for lent this year. Rather than give up anything, I am going to add something to my life. I have decided that each day I need to come up with at least two things that were good about that day.

Since I hate, hate, hate with a burning passion  am not a big fan of journaling, I have decided to post the good things of my day on my blog. I feel a little bit like I'm being attention seeking putting it on here but I know that if I do this I am much more likely to stick with it because as I said, I really do not like journaling.

Today's Good Things
1. Today I had a good morning and a relatively good day.
-The last couple mornings I have been haunted by the events of last year and the events of recent days in my hometown. For some reason my brain thought it was a good idea to bombard me with these thoughts first thing in the morning and it didn't help that I am not a morning person. This morning was different though, I got up with no problem and bad thoughts remained at bay.

2. One of my classmates made awesome chocolate chip cookies and brought them for us to our 8:00am class.
-First of all, it was really thoughtful of her. Secondly, I have a weakness for cookies and they were really good. Apparently the secret is adding vanilla pudding to the mix, must try this next time I make cookies.

3. Had a really good laugh with a couple of my classmates when I discovered that I wrote 7/11/13 on two pages of my notes from class the other day.
-No seriously, I did. I date every page of my notes and put the wrong month on not just one but two pages of notes. My classmate suggested it may have been that I was wishing it was July. ;)

Blessings,
Veronica





No comments:

Post a Comment