Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Two Years

Hello Friends,

Today marks two years since my sister Constance died. My brother Ben said it best when he says it feels like it has been a lot longer.

It's continued to be a rough road to put it bluntly. 2013 was a pretty crappy year, not worse than 2012 by any stretch of the imagination but it was bad. So in addition to continuing to deal with my sister's death, I've had a lot on my plate.

There is a song by Miranda Lambert that I think sums up quite nicely how I feel about my sister's death. Her and her husband wrote and composed it about the passing of his brother.


I wanted to say something great and awe inspiring, not because I want people to think I'm great but because I want to give people hope. I figured it would be something like a quote or a Bible verse but it's not.

I am here today where I am because I get up each day and put one foot in front of the other. Do I sometimes want to give up? Hell yes. Life is hard but life goes on. I've been dealt one awful hand in the last few years and I am still standing. I'm no better than anyone else, there are plenty of other people out there doing the same thing as me. I'm no better than any of you reading this post either. If I can do it, you can do it.

Honestly, I'm not being an annoying cheerleader, I'm speaking from the heart. If I can do it so can you.

To keep with my lent commitment here are today's good things:
1. Finally did my laundry.
-It had been piling up the last few weeks but five loads later and all my clothes are now clean. Many of them are now piled on top of my desk but they are all clean. ;)

2. Washed my dishes.
-We really need dishes that will just wash themselves. ;)

3. Went to the gym.
-That makes it three times in a row this week. First time this semester. :)

4. Made it through today.
-Simple but true. :)

Thank you all for reading. Hope you are all doing well.

Blessings,

Veronica

RIP Constance

No comments:

Post a Comment