Wednesday, March 6, 2013

It's Hump Day. Almost Time For Break!

Hello again to all my friends. I'm glad you came to play. Our fun and learning never ends, here's what we did today:

(Ten points if you can name what small children's TV show that came from!)

Sorry, it popped in my head when I was trying to figure out how to start this post. ;)

Today wasn't too bad. I didn't have any physical class and got myself out of bed at 8:30am, so that was nice. I watched/listened to today's online lecture while playing solitaire and did my forum post by noon. My day did not look like it was going to turn out well when I was reminded of a sore spot from last year and began to get very angry and upset. Luckily, I decided to go work on my SOAP note in the library which helped the anger and sadness to pass.

Some might say that I'm not dealing with my grief but I am. I just choose not to let grief and anger mess up my day at 1:00 in the afternoon. As the saying goes, life goes on and the easiest way for me to move on and deal with my grief is to not let it consume me by moving forward with my life. Essentially the Toyota slogan has become my life slogan.

So after I went to the library, I worked on my SOAP note for I don't know how long until it was done. In that time, I convinced my classmate to come to the library to work on her's too so I had company. It also gave me the incentive to stay until I was finished rather than say never mind and come back to it later. Since finishing I have managed to go to the gym, eat dinner, and watch NCIS. :P

So here are today's good things:
1. Not having my day messed up at 1 in the afternoon.
-Thank God that I had something to work on and was able to go to the library to work on it. Something to occupy my over active brain and a change of scenery usually do the trick. :)

2. Embracing smiling. :)
-I love to smile. I love being happy. I love making people happy. I had a friend tell me today that I smile a lot and I said that it's because I like smiling better than frowning. It's one of those things that is kind of obvious but it's the truth. And although smiling can't heal everything, it can do a lot to bolster the spirit.

3. Two more days of classes and then break!
-Woot Woot!

Thanks for reading.

Blessings,
Veronica


No comments:

Post a Comment